Friday, January 1, 2016

A new year, a new me.


2015 was nuts. It started off really crappy, and then really went upward with a couple of down moments.

I had ended up homeless in Utah, so I moved back home for the semester. I was upset about a lot of things, but I'm really grateful to my parents who still took me in and supported me through everything.
No matter how adult I may be becoming, it's comforting to know that they're supporting me from behind.

So I stayed in Arizona which turned out to be a super great thing! My best friend and my sister got back from their missions, and I got to be with them for their return. I auditioned for The Voice, started living healthier by going to the gym, began working at a preschool, and figured out some priorities in my life. I went back to school after Heather's wonderful wedding during the summer, reunited with the Utah bestie, Hunter, and simply enjoyed my time wherever I was.
This past semester I got to teach first grade, giving me more reassurance regarding my major/future.

This year, my main goal is to just be a better person. I want to be a person who has goals and fulfills them. I want to be a person who can take care of herself. I want to be a person who's comfortable and confident in her lifestyle. I want to be a person who understands herself, and tries to improve as an individual. I want to be a person who's even more open-minded than she already is, yet grounded in her own desires and beliefs. And I want to be a person who enjoys every day, no matter how hard or horrible it may be.

I don't know how well it'll work out, but I would like to try to succeed in taking a video for every day this year. No matter how long or how short the video is, I'd like to record just a little bit of my day. The content may seem pointless and boring, but hopefully it reminds me of something and encourages me to meet my goals.

Wish me luck!
Here's my video for the day...
January 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment