Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Music Muse

So this is another themed day idea I had to help motivate me to continue updating my blog. This is a more common idea, but I love music and I always find something that impresses or inspires me. For these music muses, I want to be sure that I post a song that really does inspire me or means something to me personally.

The first song I'm going to post is Matisyahu's "One Day."
I am choosing this song for a couple of reasons. First, I sang it last night at my ward prayer. It was terrifying and I couldn't have done it without my lovely roommate, Meka. Note: That was kind of like my second time performing in front of people. Second, these lyrics. They're freakin' amazing. "One day we'll all be free, and proud to be, under the same sun, singing song songs of freedom..." Peace and love, friends. Not only in the country, but across the world. I'm taking a Multicultural Education class and it's just helped me to realize how much people (including myself) have the tendency to misjudge others. Even if we're "not a judgmental person," we still think we have ideas on what other people of other countries, races, and beliefs are like. "One day." Thirdly, I dig me some reggae. (Reggae-pop)

No comments:

Post a Comment