Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Good Deed A Day

...keeps Satan away...?

Sorry I haven't been posting. Life has been weird and suuuuuuper busy. Which is unfortunate because I really do love this blog. Anyways, I've been having a hard time feeling motivated, and after a spiritual experience I had, I have started to think about trying to do one good deed a day.

It's only been about 3 days since I've come up with this, but it's been pretty good so far! I feel like I'm doing less of thinking about myself (which I, admittedly, do a lot), and more thinking about other people.

They are very small deeds. For example, I just flipped a penny to be heads up on the floor so that it could be "lucky" for whoever finds it. I'm not particularly superstitious and it really probably doesn't make a difference, but It's the thought that counts.

I could also improve my praying habits, so if I think about trying to do good deeds, it reminds me to pray for opportunities. Anyways, the point of sharing this is to: 1. Have it on record for myself. And 2. Maybe help someone else out who might be having a hard time like I have been.

"We all have our things, I guess." -Bryce Avery (music video).
Let's think about how to help make other people's things easier than stress about our own things.

2 comments:

  1. I thank you for the penny flipping. i for one appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you for letting me know! I remember you telling me that you like to find coins!

      Delete