Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Delayed MMM

I may not be doing super great with the whole Fearless Friday thing, but I REALLY want to keep up with my Music Muses. :) SO! My delayed MMM...

"Demons" by Imagine Dragons
(Please watch the video if you have not seen it before.)
So please excuse me, but for my analysis of sorts, I plan on using my personal interpretations and personal feelings regarding this song. If you can relate, then great; if not, feel free to just continue reading out of intrigue... Or don't read at all! Haha
Whenever I hear this song, or watch this music video, I just think... We all have our things. And I think of the sins that I've done, and how I have a fear of being vulnerable. I remember the times that I've felt utterly hopeless because of my past. I think about how I wanted to hide that part away from everyone. I still do.
I mean, I've been making changes in my life that have been helping me get through life despite my past, so it's not so bad. But the memory of the darkness I felt is powerful when I hear this song. While this song may not be particularly "hopeful," it reminds me of when I struggled, and how I feel proud to have made it to where I am today. When I sing along to this song, it feels freeing. Like I am admitting to the fact that, yes. I have my Demons, too. I'm not perfect. Nor do I have to be. I am even revealing the fact that I don't want people to get to close to me. I don't want to feel vulnerable. And that is freeing in itself, as well. Either way... I feel a connection to this song.

This is kind of a weird post and my thoughts probably seem a little scattered, but it feels good. :)

2 comments: